CLICK!!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Oscar Build Up Predicitons

Well good thing I finished American Hustle just in time before Oscar.

There are several good films this year. All of them are relatively good. And the actors too. It's hard to get a clean sweep I'd say. But that again who am I to deny such possibility.

Anyway, here's my own predictions of the winners. Let's see how I fair. Let's also see how well you fair. Got your choices finalized? Well here's mine:

Best Picture: American Hustle

Out of all the list, I've only watched The Wolf of Wall Street, 12 Years A slave and American Hustle. All of them are good. But I'd say I like 12 Years A Slave the least as it can be quite dark and brutal. The Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle are similar in some ways - stories of conning and deception. But overall what made The Wolf of Wall Street really good was Leonardo Di Caprio. American Hustle is good overall.


Best Actor in Leading Role: Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years A Slave)

As much as I am in awe of another jaw dropping performance by Leonardo Di Caprio, I have that feeling that Chiwetel Ejiofor may just nick it for 12 Years A Slave. Christian Bale was also good in American Hustle, but still, either one of em' wins it, I have no complains.


Best Actress in Leading Role: Sandra Bullock (Gravity)

I know Cate Blanchett is very in favor to win it. But since I haven't seen the movie Blue Jasmine, I can only put Sandra Bullock as my bet.


Best Actor in Supporting Role: Jonah Hill

Out of the list I'd probably pick Michael Fassbender or Jonah Hill, since I did not watch Dallas Buyers Club. Jonah Hill was as crazy as Leonardo in the movie, so I tip him over Fassbender to nick it.


Best Actress in Supporting Role: Lupita Nyong'o

I think she has dibs on this one. She had one hell of a character in 12 Years A Slave.


Best Animated Feature: Frozen

Duh...


I'll end my speculations here as these are the most sought after categories. Note that my speculations are truly 100% biased as I did not watch all of the movies. I am just able to pick out the best selections out of the possible 3 movies that I have watched.

But then again, I did watched the favored movies to win...

May the Best Picture, Actor and Actress wins!

http://flavorwire.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/oscars1.jpg


No comments: