CLICK!!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's Not About The Money




Like it or not, when study life comes to an end, everyone of us starts to work. Well it doesn't matter how early one chooses to end his or her study life. The thing is, sooner or later, we all have to start working.

The point or the question is, why work? The first and foremost, and I think it should be the sole reason, would be to earn money, which will be used for accommodation, food, and then to live on. But the thing that I see, those who are working now, it is an unstoppable and ongoing process. Most of us start working by mid 20s. And when does it end? Prolly 50 years old. That's like 25 years! The duration I've spent growing up, drinking milk, playing around, learning how to write, count, ABC, primary school and so so bla bla until the day today! In other words, if I were to lived up to 100 years old, I would have spent the best years of my time studying and working so that the worse years of my life (old and maybe weak with diseases) is secured.

I always believe that we have only one life and one chance to be on this planet. How good or how bad it turns out is up to us. The thing is, maybe I don't want to spend my life building a small treasure trove or gold mountain in my bank so that I can live happily when I retire. I rather spend every minute of my life, till the moment I die and pass out, doing what I love, and although it may not build me a fortune.

It's not like I don't need money. Nor I hate it a lot. It's just like I find it very pity to spend most of our life earning to live on. Well it's a process that I will also have to undergo. But of course if money would dropped down from the sky (or maybe just food la to keep me alive), many of us won't be working like mad right?




But of course, being able to do what one loves and earning money is of course the best thing in life. So far I haven't really thought of that ideal job of mine. Well maybe I have, but it seems elusive and well out of the league for me.

Being born in a comparably more well-to-do family maybe made me realize that money isn't anything. Sure I get what I want most of the time, but that doesn't mean I want a lot of materialistic things. My handphone is still the one with B-U-T-T-O-N-S, mind you, and I intend to use it until it is un-usable. My lappie is working fine since freshman year till now. No thoughts of even selling it second-hand and get a new one. I now only buy clothes for new year (even this I think my mum does all the buying. With just me I think I won't be having new clothes XD).

I've never led a hard life. So that's why money is not that vital to me. Of course giving me a high pay job that may be taxing, but at least ethical and not morally-wrong would be good enough for me. But as soon as I get enough, I may just re-sign and go do what I want. Living a life that I want to be.

But this is life. This is Malaysia. We study like siao. Then we work like siao. Then we earn money like siao. Then we have family and children. We earn more and then really become siao. Their turn to take over our roles to study and work like siao.

How I wish other than academic and normal work, there are other ways to work and earn money to let me lead a comfortable life. Why can't Malaysia have a basketball league as good as NBA, or a football league as good as the BPL, where sports can even make one's life too good to be true? Why can't the entertainment industry be as good as Hollywood, or at least have good prospects like Japan or Korea?

I don't know. We just work and work and work. And this work we work on day and night, it's not our ideal job nor what we would dreamed of - the reality when we were still small kids. And to work because of money...

My dream since kid was to be a doctor. Not because of the money, but because I like helping people. Saving them. Putting a smile on their face. I never knew being a doctor earned well. I just knew I would be happy doing it. Some people like to draw. Some people like music. But in a society and country like Malaysia, having such a dream will only be put out by our parents. And we end up like most of them. Working for the sake to live on... Although we never did love what we do... And never did continue to do what we love, as a living.



One word I can describe. Pathetic...

No comments: