CLICK!!

Friday, April 13, 2012

Battleship





Long time since I last did a movie review. Finally a movie spurred me back into doing one. It's none other than Battleship!

To be honest, the first time I saw the trailer, I labelled it as a no go. I labelled it as a Transformer rip-off. However, the second trailer made me changed my mind and there I was, watching it the first day it hit cinemas.

Forget about thinking of it as a rip-off from Transformers. It makes Transformer a distant memory, judging that The Dark Of The Moon wasn't really up to standards for me. I'd say absolute plot and storyline, maybe a bit negative where the transition period between where he was unemployed, nabbed and then suddenly a naval officer with tidily cropped hair.

Graphics and firepower are at their best. Again the only fake part of the graphics or lousy parts are the scene when the aliens attacked the city "Sonic the Hedgehog" style, destroying the overhead bridges and causing traffic mayhem. Other than that, I'd definitely say best movie so far.

How would it rank up against The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises? Well I have faith in Christopher Nolan for not screwing up DK3, so it should kick Avengers off my top 3 list for best movie of the year.

And who would have thought the movie was inspired by this game...

No comments: