CLICK!!

Monday, December 29, 2014

Delivering Happiness

Finished reading the book Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh. One of the best reads I had for this year undoubtedly.

Happiness. Its a word I think most of us know. But truth to be told, it is actually hard to describe in words. Because its a feeling that you need to experience to understand.

Tony Hsieh got me thinking again about life. What do I want in life? I like building stuffs. And time to time I find myself having the uncanny attraction towards people who build companies. Steve Jobs. Mark Zuckerberg. Blake Mycoskie. Even the books that I have read this year... Most of them are of building something that spreads goodwill from scratch.

Alright the thing is, even if I don't end up building something, I'd still see myself dabbing into business. Maybe money does play a big role in that. But mostly I think its more about having a hand in your own destiny.

The end part of the book is intriguing, which I think is worth to share:

All of us have our own dreams and resolutions. What are yours? Briefly come out with a few if you don't have them written down. After that, look through them and ask yourself why some of your dreams and wishes ended up in your to-do-list. Ask as much "why" as you can, until you can go no more further...

-
















Did you get it? No matter what is on your wishlist, the more you keep asking yourself why, it will drill down to one reason - Happiness.

What does that tells us? Happiness can be found in the simplest of things we do. But merely daydreaming about it though, won't get you far...


Perhaps I should stop daydreaming...

No comments: